• Average Annual Grantmaking Budget: $2.94 million
• Geographic Restrictions: Organizations and artists in the State of Minnesota and the five boroughs of New York City. The dollars split approximately 53% in Minnesota and 47% in New York City over the five years.
• Average Grant Size:
$27,048 (organizations) AverageNumber of Grants Authorized Annually: 90
$ 7,683 (individuals) Average Number of Grants Authorized Annually: 66
• Distribution of Grant Dollars by Discipline for Fiscal Years 2007-2012:
Film, Video, New Media 17%
Visual Arts 16%
• The Jerome Foundation supports the creation of new works by emerging artists. Artistic quality/potential is the primary review criterion.
• Three Programs, 25% of grant dollars, provide funds directly to individuals. There are two production grant programs for Minnesotaand New York City film and video artists and a Travel and Study Grant program for Minnesota and New York City artists.
• The remainder, 75% of grant dollars, is awarded to nonprofit arts organizations for programs that advance the work of emergingcreative artists: choreographers, literary artists, performance artists, playwrights, composers, visual artists and multidisciplinaryartists.
• The focus on emerging artists supports those who have significant potential yet are under-recognized and have not receivedacknowledgement as established creators from fellow artists and other arts professionals.
• The Jerome Foundation gives preference to artist-driven programs and projects. Artists and unincorporated ensembles who producetheir own works are eligible for grants.
• No funds are available for building/property acquisition and renovation, equipment purchase and endowment.
• Preference is given to ongoing programs that serve artists, provide professional-level opportunities, ensure adequate payment forartists, and utilize open and inclusive procedures for identifying and selecting artists.